Monday 6 May 2013

The Best Homemade Natural Allergy Syrup!


Hey!

Hope you had a great weekend!

I love spring, but since I moved to London I suffer from hay fever which is a very common allergic condition caused by the tree pollen, grass or flower pollen that is released in the air during spring and summer. 

It very strange for me because I never had or have any other allergies to anything. And even more strange is that every year my allergy strikes in a different form..the first years was my eyes, I woke up and they were extremely swollen and itchy, then it was my runny nose, and this year the worst..the inside of my nose is so dry that it bleeds, it is very sore and every morning blocked and also my throat is super itchy and sore. And I know it is not a cold, because I've had these symptoms for weeks now and it gets worse when I am outside.  

There are many treatments and over-the-counter medications to treat hay fever, or creams and balms to put on your nose to block the pollen (this really helped me), but I also do a homemade natural allergy remedy syrup, which a friend of mine showed me, and it really works for me. This syrup is god for any other allergies, it relieves dry coughs, soothes sore throats and the good thing is..it tastes amazing too!

Here is what you will need: 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1 tsp raw honey
  • 1/2 tsp bee pollen 
  • 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

Preparation:
  • Boil some hot water
  • Mix all the ingredients together in a cup of hot water 
  • Drink twice daily



I really hope you liked this post and let me know if the syrup helped alleviate your allergy symptoms!

Thank you for reading!

Lots of Love

Nathalia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment