Monday 13 May 2013

New Homemade Vitamin Water Recipe! Berries and Coconut Water!

Hey! 

I did post a few months ago a citrus homemade vitamin water recipe, which I hope you enjoyed, but this time I have an even better recipe made with coconut water! To do your vitamin water you can use any fruits or herbs you like..you can be very creative and experiment! I decided to do this recipe with berries because I am going through a phase of eating lots of strawberries, although they are not even on my top 5 of favorite fruits..I know that's  strange, but anyway this recipe is super yummy and the coconut water makes all the difference, it gives and extra amazing taste!



Here is what you need:  
  • a glass jar (I am doing this recipe in a small jar for myself, so if you doing for more people just double the recipe)
  • coconut water
  • a handful of berries,blueberries, raspberries 
  • 5-6 strawberries
  • 1 grapefruit
  • 2-3 mint leaves (optional)


















Preparation:
  • cut the grapefruit and strawberries in slices, no need to slice the berries
  • I remove the peel of the grapefruit, because it is too bitter
  • slightly smash the fruits with a wooden spoon, just enough to release some of their juices (raspberries are very sensitive so be careful not to smash them)
  • Fill half the jar with coconut water and a bit of still water if necessary,  add some ice
  • Then add the fruits and herbs
  • Allow it to infuse in the fridge for three to four hours or even better, overnight.



















Some more tips...

You can refill the jar as you drink the water. Sometimes I also like to add some liquid or powdered vitamin C, which you can find in a pharmacy or health food stores. Cranberry concentrate is also great to add in this recipe! If you like your water sweet, just add some Truvia!

The vitamin water will last in the fridge for a about three days, it gets betters the longer it sits. 


I hope you enjoyed this recipe and thank you for reading!

Let me know if you like this recipe or share your own creative vitamin water recipe : )

Have a beautiful day!

Lots of love

Nathalia 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment