Thursday 14 February 2013

Homemade Chai Coconut Latte



Hey!

I love tea and I love chai latte!
 
I have been spending so much money on chai lattes lately (around £70 per month-crazy), that I decided to do my chai latte at home!
 
It is very simple and easy to make as you can buy instant chai tea and you can control the seasoning.
 
 Here is what you are going to need:

  • 1-2 Chai tea bags
  • sugar 
  • coconut milk
  • coconut cream
  • mixed spice
  • whipped cream (optional)



Most of the times, when making chai latte I use soya milk (I avoid cow's milk I don't digest it well), but when I want I special treat I use coconut milk!Also, to prepare the milk I use the Nespresso Aeroccino machine, which makes perfect milk froth, but it can also be made in a small pan.


How to prepare it
  • Prepare the tea with boiling water and steep for 3-5 minutes. If you want a stronger taste add two tea bags.

  • In  a small pan heat some of the coconut milk and a bit of coconut cream and bring to a boil, remove from heat and add some sugar to taste. I use Marks & Spencer Vanilla sugar, but you can also use brown sugar.
                                                                                                           
  • Add half a teaspoon of the mixed spice to the tea for extra taste and then the coconut milk.




 











  • You can add some whipped cream on top, sprinkle it with some cinnamon and add a cinnamon stick for decoration
  • Enjoy!
                                                        

Here are the links where you can find everything you need!

(the vanilla sugar cannot be bought online, but you can find it in any M&S foodhall)


Thank you for reading!
Goodnight and sweet dreams!

Lots of Love

Nathalia
xxx

 
PS: Sorry for the quality of the photos, the lighting in my kitchen is not very good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment